Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Born in 1967, 1968, 1969 -- Struggling in 2009, 2010, 2011

If you were born in the years 1967 to 1969, then this post is for you!  I was born April 12, 1968 and I can say that the years of 2009 to 2011 have been and will be ones of tremendous transition.  In our life cycle we have many astrological cycles, described as Returns.  When you are born every energy point eventually returns to its degree placement in the sky.  Some you will not live to experience, like your Neptune Return (165 years) or Pluto Return (248 years).  If you live to be 84, you will experience your Uranus Return.  All other energy points will return if you live at least until 50, when Chiron Returns.  We celebrate our Solar Return each year on our birth day (though that's not always the exact day of the return by actual degree, but its close enough).  While all energy points return, astrologers tend to focus on the longer patterns of Jupiter (12 years), Saturn (29 1/2 years), and Chiron (50 years).  We human beings often feel and experience big shifts in our lives coinciding with these returns and their three other significant aspects (two squares and one opposition).  When we add in the squares and oppositions we get predictable times of transition that allow us to mark certain periods in our lives as times we will go through big internal, external, or both internal and external changes.  Any singular transition is a big deal:
  • your Jupiter angles every 3 years, 
  • your Saturn angles every 7.5 years, 
  • your Chiron angles every 12.5 years, 
  • your Uranus angles every 21 years, 
  • your Neptune angles every 41 to 43 years, 
  • and your Pluto angles every 62 years.
As you can see by the numbers, you also can get "double or tripled" up at certain times in your life.  For those of born at the end of the 1960's we're getting a double whammy from our Uranus opposition (current Uranus opposing our natal Uranus) and our Neptune Square (current Neptune squaring our natal Neptune).  Additionally, we have current Chiron also squaring our natal Neptune and current Pluto squaring our natal Chiron on its way to a square with our natal Saturn.  If you have felt "struck by lightening" (Uranus Opposition) AND dislodged from stability (Neptune Square) in the last two years (much more so than everyone swept up in the Great Recession), then you are not alone and you still have at least one to three more years to weather the transition!

I've shared my personal story in other posts, but it bears repeating especially for this post.  In late 2009 (August) I experienced a Spiritual Awakening that struck me down to the depths of my soul/consciousness.  The transits I just mentioned above were all beginning to align, with  then transiting Saturn crossing over and conjuncting my natal Pluto.  Since the initial "lightening strike" I have been caught in the undertow of Neptune square Neptune, which Robert Hand describes as a time when illusions run high and are broken at the same time.  A person feels a strong desire to manifest dreams but the energy in life is not readily available to help manifest the dreams and can, in fact, push us into delusion.  Now for each person the real impact will play out wherever the current Neptune is in relation to the natal chart houses and the natal Neptune.  In my case the energy is playing out with my fundamental identity (1st House) ruled by Scorpio and my family (4th House). ruled by Aquarius  The Spiritual Lightening of Uranus struck my house of Community (11th) by opposing itself in the house of my Creativity (5th) in Virgo and Pisces respectively.

And here's what I got for my troubles :-).  My Heart Charkra basically got blown open, which left me overwhelmed by the stresses and strains of the current world situation.  I could and still can feel the planet groaning in pain from human behavior; I can feel we are reaching a Tipping Point (around energy, water, food, communication, financial institutions, health care, education and so on).  Like the convergence of personal energy via my transits, I feel a convergence of problems that will require some very big leaps in human behavior and decision making to overcome and help humanity evolve.  And we're not talking about biological evolution, but civilization evolution.  At times like these, we are not guaranteed forward progress, feel free to read up on the Dark Ages as an example of devolution and regress.  

I was also deeply struck on a personal level to question how we make/sustain human families in this country by way of the so-called nuclear family.  The answer I found was deeply troubling.  We are all powerfully isolated and I feel a deep knowing that our current way of manifesting family is profoundly wrong.  We have utterly destroyed community and our housing debacle is really a way of exposing how crass, as a nation, we have become about greed and moving up at the cost of healthy support networks.  Most families do not live near each other and most communities are in a constant state of two to three year transition, so there is no "rootedness" in our communities anymore.  There has been spotty response to this damaging phenomenon, apparent in the spread and rise of intentional communities, but on the whole our fast paced world has "out paced" us.  The Recession is a natural slow down response, a gift in many ways and a reasonable consequence of too much greed.  My shift has made me realize how isolated our family (of three) really was.  Our network of friends are geographically dispersed and helping each other in a time of crisis would face the simple barrier of geography.  For this reason, we looked into intentional communities and opened ourselves to the possibility of sharing our home with another family.  As it turns out, the second manifested instead of the first.

On a more personal level, I have been completely thrown out of my comfort zone, my deep and long tenured sense of confidence and faith in the way I fit into the world has evaporated.  I have talked with other members of my age group, not a statistically valid sample, but enough for confirmation that they too are "off balance" and unable to get their footing.  That's what Neptune square Neptune feels like.  And its meant to teach us what out of balance feels like so we can do a better job with balance when the energy finishes its work.  Like millions of other people around the world, we are moving back to a savings mentality ... but more profoundly, I am learning to be grateful for the simplest of things.  In this time of deep internal work, I know I need to appreciate this transition.  If you are feeling a similar shift because you were born around the same time, then know that the time to work through the shift is limited (3 to 5 years).  Who knows what the world will be at the beginning of 2012, but those of us born in the late 1960s should be through our work, if we do our work, around that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment