Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year

Well,

It's been a while since I posted.  The end of last year really filled up my days and I could not seem to find the right subject or the right time to write at length or regularly.  I started writing a beginning astrology series that I do want to continue this year and entries on mid-life transits.  I'm currently weathering my Uranus Opposition and Neptune Square, two transits people born between 1967 and 1970 will be experiencing until 2012.  I'm looking in the direction of my Saturn Opposition as my next mid-life entry.  I guess my new year's resolution, like many bloggers, is to try to write regularly and on topics of mutual interest to myself and my followers.  And hopefully I will pick up more followers.  Maybe I should plan a "Year in Review" entry that can coincide with significant transits and progressions.  That should definitely be a blog entry for this week or next.

But today I want to write about a fantastic opportunity that started my new year.  Back in December of 2005 I was ordained as a Priest of the Order of Melchizedek.  I chose this Order because the Priests and Priestesses are all of unique and, for the most part, self-designed faiths and practices.  At the height of my excitement I created a website for my priesthood which outlines my beliefs and practices.  One role I am able to perform, but, until January 1, 2011, had not performed is a marriage.  This past week, while trying to arrange a visit to my friends Adam and Anne, they asked me if I could marry two friends of theirs (Anna and Zachary).  I, of course, said, "yes, absolutely."  Our family traveled down to see them on New Year's Eve and we planned the wedding for New Year's Day.  The ceremony was very simple, by a pond, in the woods behind Adam/Anne and Zachary/Anna's houses.  It was such a fantastic way to start my new year.

2011 looks to be quite different from 2010 and the upcoming 2012.  I like to describe it as a lull between storm fronts, a time to prepare.  The storm has not cleared and the real thrust of it has not yet arrived; that will be the energetic work of 2012 to 2015, when Uranus (in Aries) squares Pluto (in Capricorn) and Neptune and Chiron permanently enter Pisces.  We will really feel the New Age with Jupiter, Saturn, Chiron, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto all in new signs.  But for this year, a time to gather your friends around you, save money, pay down debt, meditate, organize, ... prepare.  I'll be advising all my clients to prepare!  And that will mean different actions for different clients.  For myself I am trying to manifest my family closer to me, increased savings, more work, and continued good health.  I'm not looking to expand as much as I am looking to have enough and save my extra :-).  I still have a spiritual awakening journey to complete and I have one current hurdle that should help me start to see the downward slide.  2010 was a humdinger ... and my spiritual ears are still ringing ;-).  But I'm also still standing, and looking better in the pocket than Brett Farve ... who coincidentally is getting his Uranus Opposition at this time!

All in all, I want to wish everyone reading this blog a Happiest of New Years and appreciate your interest in my words.  Hopefully I will have plenty of brilliant ones for you this new year!

Philip

1 comment:

  1. I WISH I COULD HAVE READ IT EARLIER, I HAVE FOUND THIS WEBSITE LATE.

    I am also a great fan of this website.
    Indian Astrology

    ReplyDelete