Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tarot Meditation Card for Today - Osho Zen 10 of Air - Rebirth

This past weekend Betsy and I did a small fair at Journeys Spiritual Center in North Raleigh.  She brought her paintings and crafts and I set up to read tarot cards.  Before the show got under way, I drew two cards individually.  The first was the old standby, Playfulness, but the second card was new, Rebirth:


The 10 of Air was a very appropriate card for me to draw at this time.  As you can see from the image, each life time is a time of Rebirth and within a life time there may be several rebirths.  The 10th card in each suit represents the end of a cycle that will begin anew with the Ace.  When you draw this card you are directed to think about Rebirth within your life and present moment.  Perhaps you need a rebirth; perhaps you have recently completed a rebirth.  For me, the card makes me think of my Spiritual Awakening at the end of August 2009 that has led to a period of rebirth stretching over the last 2 years actually.  All of 2008 was the setting of the stage of the death of my old spiritual self.  That self truly ended and my new self emerged when my Kundalini Rising struck with full force on August 28th of 2009.  An old self burned away, making room for a new self that I have been slowly cultivating for the last year.  The process is ongoing.

I think the Playfulness card drawn prior to this card really represents the kind of rebirth I should be embracing.  I have been a very serious soul most of my life.  I study serious matters ... the fate of the world, the fate of this country, the destiny of my clients, and the destinies of my family members.  But now I feel charged with several new perspectives ... trust instead of fear, gratefulness instead of entitlement, compassion instead of arrogance, and wise judgment instead of unhelpful criticism.  For almost 9 months I did not laugh inside or out; I had to relearn how to laugh.  All that is happening in the world is part of a bigger picture of rebirth and we each have our own personal rebirths likely to occur during a global time of rebirth.  Hopefully with each rebirth we gain wisdom, courage, and understanding.  I certainly enjoy this new journey and appreciate it more and more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment