Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Life Magic, Synchronicity and the Law of Attraction

I study and use Tarot and Astrology to help me attain "Right Alignment" with my daily life and my role in the universal drama.  Right Alignment occurs when we do our spiritual work both intensely at specific times in our life and ordinarily in our "every days."  Most days we move back and forth over the ideal alignment and some times we find ourselves way out of alignment (to the tune of anxiety, depression, and panic).  As I've written about in previous posts, I found myself way out of alignment a little over a year ago and have spent the last year trying to regain my Right Alignment, mainly to find out that I needed to leave my Old Alignment and start working on a New Alignment.  In our lives there are usually at least 3 to 5 times (based on common astrological cycles) when we need to rebirth ourselves and let an Old Alignment go.  Some times we get a kick in the pants when energy points do some aligning of their own (as Transiting Saturn did when it aligned with my Natal Pluto, preceding my Spiritual Awakening last year).  Whatever the case may be, human beings are in constant states of aligning and realigning.

My favorite metaphor for describing this process involves learning to ride and mastering riding a bike.  When you first begin (if you don't have training wheels or a parent helping), you swing wildly from left to right/right to left trying to master moving forward and the balance needed to keep the bike upright on two wheels.  As you get more proficient, your left/right/right/left movement refines itself.  At the height of master is gliding, taking your hands off the handle bar and gliding or peddling without using your grip on the handle bars to keep you straight and upright.  Now here's the amazing physical thing, you are still going left/right/right/left, you are just doing it with such precision that it appears as if you going "straight" and without any adjustments.  Aligning with your Astrology can give your this very feeling in your life.  And when you do, you can often "see" days of Right Alignment and have clear experiences of what Jung calls Synchronicity or Hicks calls the Law of Attraction.

Yesterday was such a day for me and here's some background and how it unfolded.  My partner, Betsy, has been talking with her employer about a promotion; she is at the end of a cycle in her career where it is time for her to move up.  Two opportunities have been brewing and the one she liked the least became available first and the second one was still in limbo as of yesterday.  We have a friend of mine from high school who moved in with us in the hopes of finding new, better work in this area than the previous area she was living in.  To date she has not been able to find full time employment even though she has been able to get some very good part time employment.  I have been looking for some part time employment, especially something "basic" that would not tax my primary responsibility as a stay-at-home parent.  In that vein I have been applying to places like Lowe's Home Improvement, Toys R Us, and Barnes and Noble.  Nothing yet has come of these application attempts.  So this is the background.

Further, Betsy and I practice patience and trust with the universe.  We work hard, but we don't push or set expectations.  We listen and allow.  We "position" ourselves to be ready and we tell the universe what we want as clearly as possible so we can be sure the universe is able to help us out.  Subconscious or internal confusion is often the source of stagnation.  Too often I meet with clients who "want a relationship," but the tarot reading or astrology reading show clearly that they are not "in a true state of readiness," which helps explain why they are not in a relationship, in the relationship they want, or healthy in relationship.  Right Alignment has to come from a Spiritual place, where your conscious and subconscious are harmoniously aligned.

My lesson of late has been to slow down, be patient, be clear, and be ready.  So here's what happened yesterday.  Betsy came home for lunch and we were talking out on the deck after eating, enjoy the truly beautiful day (sunny, clear, 78).  She came  home to tell me that the second position, the one she was hoping for was coming into alignment and she was being offered that position.  As almost always happens, she gets exactly the result she puts out to the universe as her request.  In that state of happy discussion, I told her that I would really enjoy finding some mundane (not in a derogatory way) work that would allow me to plug into the working world at a very basic and ordinary level.  About an hour after she left, I got a call from Toys R Us asking if I would be interested in seasonal work at $8.25 an hour.  I really have wanted to work at Toys R Us, so I was thrilled.  I sent Betsy a text about my phone call.

Now here's a funny part of the story.  Betsy does not always get my texts immediately, so about an hour after my call from Toys R Us, she sends me an email about retail news where the lead story is "Toy R Us plans to hire 45,000 seasonal workers" to which I respond, "yes, I'm one of them."  When she got home, she told me she did not understand my reply to her email until she finally checked her text messages.  Embedded in this story is another email, from a former graduate student of mine who is a managing editor for an advertising agency.  Just so happens they are hiring for his old job, a full time position as a junior editor.  They are seeking someone "who is a perfectionist and loves writing."  Well, that would be my friend living with us.  So I forwarded the position to her.  As Betsy put it, the "jobs Gods" decided to reach out to all of us on the same day.

I choose to believe that the Right Alignment of these opportunities have been presented to us because we are clear with the universe and the universe now has opportunities for us.  I know many people "want a job" but I think the vast majority are not in Right Alignment and hence the high rate of unemployment.  You certainly cannot hope to have Right Alignment, in terms of jobs, in a debt driven economy.  But within even a Great Recession or Great Depression, those who work or who find work, most likely have some varying degrees of Right Alignment in their lives.  Bad Luck (or the Good Luck of Others, but not yourself) is what you have when you are spiritually unaware.  Astrology and Tarot are not "politically correct," nor do they try to cover up "struggles by design" that we all have in our spiritual journeys.  I have some pretty potent "afflictions" in my chart (Moon conjunct South Node, Neptune conjunct Ascendant, Saturn conjunct Sun opposing Moon) with a majority of my energy points in "weak houses" (6th and 12th).  But the one truly Free Will power I wield; that we all wield, is the power of our Attitude.  I certainly don't consider it "beneath me" to work stocking toys at a toy store; in truth, I love that kind of work ... it shows results in the most fundamental way.  And, hell, its toys!!  Maybe I'm finally going to get in an environment that will help me master that friggin' Playfulness card :-) ... that is, if they decide to hire me!  I'm letting the universe know that I'd appreciate the job if I get it and I appreciate the opportunity if I don't.

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed to discover a new relation ship between Life Magic, Synchronicity and the Law of Attraction. nice post.

    Indian Astrology

    ReplyDelete