Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tarot Meditation Card for Today - Osho Zen Fire to the East - Playfulness






Here's a card I really need to get into my soul these days.  For some reason I'm having a hard time feeling the energy down to my toes, but it keeps reoccurring, trying its best to get me to feel the feelings shown in the image.  For me, at the moment, the card is one of contrast; what I want but am having a hard time finding.  Trust me when I say, having Neptune in Scorpio conjunct my Ascendant at 28 degrees of the sign really lays a heavy energy over my chart.  Sensitivity is very high and the dark energy of Scorpio's connection to death, the Underworld, and transformation can really worm its way into my days.  Add to the fact that Neptune is currently performing an ingress from Aquarius to Pisces (at this time Retrograde in Aquarius until 12/6/2010 and not permanently into Pisces until after 2/2/2012, with another Retrograde period from 6/2011 to 12/2011) and we all get some emotional turmoil as Neptune dissolves ideals and community structures (think of all the services being cut from state and federal budgets, with deeper ones likely to come in the second Retrograde period).  It can be hard to find playfulness in these times.

In many ways, however, that is the very reason this card is important and revelatory during these times.  In the book that comes with the deck, the description says, "The serious man had made the world, the serious man made all the religions.  He has created all the philosophies, all the cultures, all the moralities; everything that exists around you is a creation of the serous man."  In response, "Zen has dropped out of the serious world.  It has created a world of its own which is very playful, full of laughter, where even great masters behave like children."  I am no great master, but I think I could use a visit to the claw machine today or the park to play.  I find myself very easily caught up in the serious world; I worked very hard at one time in my life to become a serious man (re: my PhD in English).

My daughter knows how to play and I am trying to learn her lessons, though today doesn't feel like a day I will "earn a good, serious grade."  That thought almost makes me chuckle.  I need a good belly laugh today.  Maybe Youtube will have one.

If you are feeling the seriousness of the world, try to find some play today.  And if you succeed, please share your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment