Monday, September 27, 2010

Playfulness, Still Needing to Get the Message!

Do you ever feel like you are in a cartoon and you are the character getting whacked over the head with the frying pan in an attempt to "be given the message"?  Well, that would be me and I got another whack yesterday just before a birthday party where I was going to be reading Tarot Cards for the guests.  Often, before an event, like the Body/Mind/Spirit expo or the Expo at Journeys, I will draw a card to "get the energy flowing" in the deck.  Last night when I drew my card, once again, I drew Playfulness.


That draw made it 4 times in the last month.  In one aspect of interpreting the card I feel like I'm making progress.  I am trying to take the world "less seriously" in the face of some pretty serious Astrological energy and world events.  I am trying, as Betsy would say, to "be the duck"!  All that is unfolding is as it should be and will be and I am more and more confident about my role and why I've chosen to be here now.  I understand about "unwinding my seriousness" and not taking myself "too seriously," which is no small task after you've been through a PhD program and you've worked for the "flagship" university of the North Carolina system.  But it can be done and a little spiritual crisis goes a long way in realigning your perspective; well, at least, it has for me!

For some reason, though, it is the actual playfulness that I'm struggling with and probably why the card keeps trying to "whack" me upside the head.  Tangent alert!  The drawing of this card, repeatedly, is also one of the reasons I find any esoteric system fascinating.  I'm sure a mathematician or statistician might be able to crunch some numbers and "explain away" the repeated draws, but not to a level of satisfaction that would have me dismissing the meaning I find with each subsequent draw.  And I'm not making many draws in between each appearance of the card.  The settings are different, the cards are more than adequately shuffled, and so on.  If you make a draw the way I've made the draws, you cannot help but "pay attention."  But paying attention is not the same as embracing the card.  So when I sent Betsy a text about the card and she sent me a text back asking, "what makes you feel playful?" I was honestly stumped.

You would think someone with so much energy in Aries (6 energy points) would have a playful streak, but I know its not that simple with my Astrology since one of those energy points is Saturn, my rising sign is Scorpio, and I was born during a Lunar Eclipse, which happens to be conjunct my South Node (past life work).  In most of my past life regression work, I continue to find life time after life time as a Priest or Priestess and have already been ordained, once again, in this lifetime.  I'm pretty confident my daughter is here to help me, and every so often she does.  This morning was a great example.  I went to wake her up and she was definitely not feeling the get up and go, so I decided to lay down and try to roll her out of bed by rolling her over me.  She is not a small child and is very strong physically.  When I tried to move her, she worked effectively against me and I started to laugh at how well she was keeping me from rolling her over.  Then she started laughing.  We tugged of war for a few good minutes, laughing back and forth each time I tried to move her and failed.  Finally, I had to put some real effort into it to move her, but she was, by then, fully awake and we were both smiling.

Sadly, I suppose, when I look back over my life, I can easily say I was happy ... but playful?  No, not really.  Silly definitely is way outside my scope.  And I wonder, can you be playful alone?  The card certainly seems to communicate that message, so how do I unlock this very apparent need for playfulness in my life.  Should I go to Wiii Bounce and jump around?  Should I get a toy for the cat and see if he can help me out as well?  Maybe I just need to keep working on the "not too serious" part, no small accomplishment for me.  What do you do to be playful?  

Clearly I need more guidance from my daughter.

1 comment:

  1. Pandith KrishnaSwamy is the most experienced and world reputed astrologer in Bangalore, India. He always serves the high superiority services to in order to keep all his guests more happy and secure. He wants that all the people can easily come out back from his daily life problems through astrology services.A Best Astrologer|Astrologers in New York|Astrologer in Miami

    ReplyDelete